VALiNTRY's CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience for a U.S. Public Firm is required.
About the opportunity:
Our firm is seeking a full-time Tax Accountant, Tax Return Preparer & Consultant responsible for accurately preparing federal and state tax return filings for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations, as well as review, analysis and utilization of client accounting information and records. Since 1987, they have been providing tax advisory, planning, consulting and tax preparation services for a sophisticated client base including partnerships, individuals, trusts and corporations. Our firm offers challenging work and client assignments to advance your tax and client advisory career.
We offer a competitive salary, including annual salary increases and bonuses. We have excellent benefits including paid time off, retirement plans, CPE opportunities, health, disability, parking, and a great work environment.
The Tax Senior will prepare federal and state tax return filings, and associated accounting and bookkeeping for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Accurately prepare tax return filings including review, analysis and utilization of client information and documents
- Compile, prepare and assemble neat, organized and referenced work papers and tax files.
- Independently endeavor to resolve open items and issues in conjunction with collaboration with clients, senior staff and Firm management
- Effectively prioritize and organize timely completion of work assignments including coordination of work priorities through collaboration with supervisors
- Perform tax client research including drafting clear and concise memoranda or notes to tax files as appropriate. Suggest tax planning ideas and improvements and consulting with clients and co-workers.
- Adapting to the changing demands of the Firm and taking on new responsibilities.
- Reading, retaining and applying continued education, tax treatise material, and current tax developments.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors in Accounting preferred.
- CPA license or working towards CPA licensure.
- Two or more years' tax return preparation experience in a professional services firm or public accounting firm.
- Strong QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and Excel skills
- Computer literate and effectively utilize tax software,
- Proficient in CCHProFX Tax Software is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to build client relationships, and general consulting skills.
- Exhibits professionalism including appearance, demeanor, and behavior.
Joe DiGennaro * National Sales & Recruitment Manager
1201 S. Orlando Ave., Suite 440 * Winter Park, FL 32789
O: 407-392-3128 * M: 407-917-7584