Tax Manager – Troy, MI
VALiNTRY’s CPA Division works exclusively in Public Accounting as a premier, nationwide provider of staffing services for Big 4, Large, Mid-size and Small firms. As a result, recent public accounting experience is required.
About this Opportunity:
We understand it takes balance for our professionals to perform their best. That’s why we are committed to providing oversight for a proper work-life balance. Whether you are in need of a vacation or feeling under the weather, our personal time off program has you covered. Additionally, we work with our team to develop a challenging yet flexible working environment, and offer a wide variety of perks and benefits, such as: The opportunity to work with firm leaders – not just for them, Leadership development programs, The chance to work on a variety of engagements, Flexibility in hours, Competitive compensation, Paid time off, Health, vision and dental insurance, Long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with profit sharing, Identity theft coverage, Life insurance coverage, Anniversary rewards program, And more.
We are looking for a capable Tax Manager to play a pivotal role within a dynamic tax team. The Tax Manager will work with the Tax Director and other tax colleagues to manage the USA federal income tax function, with a primary focus on international tax and transfer pricing. Primary responsibilities include international tax compliance and planning as well as all aspects of intercompany transfer pricing arrangements.
The overall areas of responsibility include the following:
- Adherence to the company’s values and strategies.
- Plan & manage core aspects of the company’s international tax and transfer pricing, including planning, compliance, reporting, and audit defense.
- Assess the tax and transfer pricing implications of various business scenarios, including US tax & transfer pricing implications of foreign affiliates doing business in the US.
- Manage special projects, including tax planning and tax risk management, such as transfer pricing, intercompany transactions, financing, etc.
- Participation in global initiatives & cross-border projects, working with US & foreign tax & non-tax colleagues.
- Coordinate with various departments within ArcelorMittal including Business Units, Corporate Tax (HQ), Legal, Treasury, and Shared Services Center, to understand transfer pricing relationships and agree on correct Transfer Pricing approach.
- Manage the intercompany agreement process, including review and draft of intercompany agreements for comment and approval in collaboration with various departments, based on the agreed approach.
- Manage compliance with transfer pricing policies and regulations, including preparation of contemporaneous documentation and planning/participation in functional and risk interviews.
- Supervise & review work of internal staff as well as work of outside advisors in providing recurring and nonrecurring services.
- Support management of audits by tax authorities, including responding to information document requests, analysis of international tax and transfer pricing issues, coordinating with internal personnel and outside advisors, and formulating exam strategy to manage tax risks.
- Assist in applying transfer pricing and international tax in the context of tax financial reporting, including reporting of uncertain tax positions, as needed.
- Improve governance and controls over international tax & transfer pricing and manage related risks.
- Monitor legislative & regulatory developments related to international tax and transfer pricing that may impact the company's tax positions and/or compliance requirements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Any other duties/responsibilities as may be required.
- At least 5 years of relevant tax experience, with significant exposure or primary focus on international tax and/or transfer pricing;
- Tax research & planning experience; and
- Strong analytical, organizational, technical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or large corporate environment;
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment;
- Tax optimization and tax risk management experience;
- IRS audit experience; and/or
- Knowledge of the steel and/or mining industry.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
CPA/Eligible Designation Required
5+ years of experience required