Tax Manager – Encinitas, CA
We offer a fun and challenging work environment that rivals the Big 4 accounting firms in experience while allowing a better work/life balance.
We feature business clients ranging from the closely-held small business entities with annual revenues from $1 to $5 million to large publicly and privately held corporations with annual gross receipts in excess of $1 billion. We maintain a significant client base in the restaurant/retail, real estate, and healthcare industries with an increasing workload in professional athletes, accounting for income taxes (ASC 740), and multistate tax engagements. Our business advisory service engagements include tax entity selection, equity and benefits selection, transaction structuring, and other merger and acquisition transaction consulting.
We offer employees competitive compensation, including bonuses, paid time off, sick time, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, and participation in a tax-favored retirement plan.
- Consult with clients on a variety of tax, accounting, and business matters, including business entity selection, employee benefits, equity compensation, accounting for income taxes, real estate ownership and management, like-kind exchanges, mergers, acquisitions, and business exit strategies
- Perform tax research and analysis for complex tax compliance matters and tax consulting opportunities
- Prepare and/or review individual and small business, corporate, and partnership income tax returns, including consolidated multi-state corporate and multitier partnership income tax returns
- Prepare and/or review corporate and individual estimated income tax calculations
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations under ASC 740
- Prepare and/or review analyses of uncertain tax positions for financial reporting purposes under ASC 740
- Participate in and occasionally perform internal firm trainings on tax laws and their application
- Maintain general knowledge of new tax laws, rulings, and cases
- BA/BS degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university required; Masters in Taxation or Accounting with Tax Emphasis strongly preferred
- Experience with Big 4 preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Excellent client interaction skills
- Well-developed ability to work on teams
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Excel, Word, and tax preparation software (i.e. ProSeries, ProSystem)