AUDIT MANAGER – Stamford, CT
The Audit Manager will be part of the Audit Team, where enthusiasm and teamwork come first. The manager will lead engagements supported by Partners who will educate, train and promote a great working environment.
- Oversee the efforts of multiple Commercial and Nonprofit client engagements with the ability to manage the budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement.
- Understand and manage Firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Identify and communicate to management suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent for the Firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting.
- Active CPA license required.
- 6+ years prior experience in public accounting.
- Significant experience in the industry or technical expertise in financial reporting and GAAP.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic.
- Ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various local client sites.